Thursday, July 05, 2007

New White Kit - Diaby 2

Eduardo 9?

Van Persie 11?

Rosicky 7?

For a split second even Ljungberg 8.

But in the end I went for Diaby 2. He may not play as often as Cesc, Van Persie or Toure this season but I feel he is essential for our drive to win the league this season. His power in midfield and his surprising ability on the ball and in getting forward mark Diaby as a goliath for the future and essential midfield powerhouse for today.

Right. So there I am in line to have names on backs (and numbers on shorts) and a ticker comes across Sky Sports News quoting AP that Manchester United have signed Carlos Tevez. Seeing this there was an audible groan in the Amoury. Tevez is a fantastic signing for United. Even if they send Louis Saha on his way to West Ham in exchange, Tevez addition is a major statement of intent for United. More so than the depth and youth additions of Nani, Anderson and Hargreaves (in spite of their collective cost). In SPITE of myself, I was thinking of how well Rooney and Tevez could link together. But quickly I moved on and Diaby 2 was firmly sealed into my new away kit.

Walking around the Amoury was interesting this morning. There are statements posted from Thierry Henry thanking the fans for their support and such. Funnier still is the sale area which almost exclusively featured all manner of Henry hats, shirts, buttons and books. I noticed also that the "Way Out" in Arsenal Station had been returned to the panoramic photo (above) throughout the store but with Henry miraculously erased. Clearly with our support of course.

I noticed also that we still sell Dennis Bergkamp action figures. These were NOT on sale. Interesting.

On the way to the ground The Guardian informed me that the club are very confident of Arsene Wenger resigning for another 3-4 years. That's good if perhaps complacent. I would like to see Wenger sign his contract before this calendar year in over to allieviate the nagging concerns of supporters. I feel the players must present Wenger with fulfilment of their full potential as payback for his enduring trust. This is essential for Arsene Wenger to feel confident about realising his dreams with Arsenal Football Club. Abou Diaby can be a big part of those dreams.

No comments: