Sunday, July 15, 2007

The William Gallas Chronicles...

A big thanks to Billy G for the following words made exclusive to Arsenal Truth and Rumours... and... um... his website. I'm guessing these comments will not be as similarily edited, twisted and widely repeated throughout the media as those last week...

There’s no escaping it, the holidays are over… The three weeks have flown by and it’s back to work now as my training starts with Arsenal on Wednesday. It’s an opportunity for me to meet the new arrivals, get to know them and to see my team-mates from last year again. I’m well aware that I’ll probably be an even more important leader in the Arsenal team in the 2007-2008 season. Now that Thierry Henry has left, I’m one of the most experienced players in the group along with Jens Lehmann. I’ll therefore have a big responsibility to guide the younger players and advise them on how to approach matches, handle fatigue and pressure…However, let’s not forget that we’ve got a lot of sporting ambitions and that we’re going to do everything we can to win a title this season, either the Premier League, the Carling Cup, the FA Cup or the Champions League. I’m sure it’s going to be a big year for Arsenal! So my fabulous holiday in Guadeloupe is now behind me but it gave me a chance to rest and recharge my batteries to the full. I’m back in England feeling rested and ready for the new season…

No comments: