Tuesday, September 05, 2006

I am a voyuer

At the end of an emotional week of transfer speculation and ultimately tranfer moves, Arsenal Chairman Peter Hill Wood urged Gooners to move on from the Ashley Cole drama noting that he had no ill-feeling towards Chelsea and hoped that Chelsea could say the same.

I think I speak for most Gooners, when I tell you that I was delighted with the events of transfer window as it closed and am looking forward to seeing the new boys add some needed grit and power to a talented young side. And in spite of Ashley Cole's ill advised taste in women and lunch companions, I truly wish him the best with England and Chelsea knowing full well that he inevitably will join Anelka, Petit, Overmars and Vieira in wondering where it all went wrong.

But like a spiteful ex-girlfriend, Chelsea FC released a wild-eyed press statement which foamed at the mouth in suggesting Gallas had threatened dove-like Jose Mourinho with scoring OGs or being sent off should Gallas be selected in the Chelsea XI.

Words cannot do justice to the satisfaction reading this statement gives me

I note also that Chelsea have released a statement on Mourinho's behalf defending his comments in relation to the playing for France is "slavery" issue involving Makelele. Where once Mourinho would have free licence to hold press conferences waxing poetic about all he thinks about absolutely everything, he now either finds himself muzzled by his club or more likely stunned into silence by losing his control of the Chelsea squad to Peter Kenyon.

Delicious.

Im sure Moaninho will appreciate it when I say that I will be enjoying tuning in to the increasingly bizarre melodrama being played out at Stamford Bridge. Like a voyeur, I will take great pleasure watching further events unfold.

Eoin

No comments: