Monday, June 25, 2007

Transfer Rumours - Carlos Tevez


Carlos Tevez has today linked himself to the Arsenal... and Inter Milan and Real Madrid.

Taking time out from his busy off season schedule of Argentinian colonic therapy and related facial treatment, Tevez spoke from the heart when telling the Sun newspaper of his desire to join Arsenal Football Club.

"I know people are now talking about Arsenal and obviously that is something I am excited about," Tevez told The Sun. "It's another big club and the good thing is I wouldn't have to move out of London. "I also already know English football and I like it. Arsenal's style is more technical than physical, so I could fit in no problem. My transfer is being talked about a lot. It's beautiful to be wanted by various clubs."

Make no mistake, Tevez is a fantastic player and would add something to any side in the world. In fact, he reminds me of an Argentinian Wayne Rooney. His power, pace and technique would also perfectly suit (as he says) the way we play football.

But the buyer must beware of Carlos Tevez. The details surrounding his player registration are at best shady and I'm not convinced that Arsene Wenger will want to entangle himself with the dodgy cast of characters who surround the player. He'll also cost a pretty penny probably northwards of £20m. That said, a Robin Van Persie, Adebayor, Bendtner, Tevez and Walcott front line does have quite a lot to go for it and a rather nice array of talents and skills.

TRANSFER POSSIBILITY RATING - 1.5/10

I dont hold out much hope for this one. I like the player and he would clearly be a hit for the fans. But I just can't see this transfer happening... particularly when Tevez is so gobby in linking himself to us. If he were confident that we were interested he wouldn't bother or would more likely attempt to link himself elsewhere to influence contract negotiations.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like your blog, continue to post factual, honest information.

Any news on the Obefami Martins rumours?